Coore and Crenshaw Golf Course Set To Open In Fall 2018
Ozarks National – A Coore & Crenshaw Design
Big Cedar Lodge is redefining the perception of golf in the Ozarks as it unveils Ozarks National, a new 18-hole course designed by architects Bill Coore & Ben Crenshaw set to open in fall 2018. Designed in partnership with Johnny Morris, noted conservationist and founder of Bass Pro Shops, this new course will serve as a gateway to the Ozarks National Forest and cement Big Cedar Lodge’s place as America’s next great golf destination.
- The golf course architect team of Coore & Crenshaw shares Johnny Morris’ passion and appreciation for nature and conservation. The design of the new course will be a striking display for the senses and a fitting tribute to the Ozarks region. It will test avid players and golf travelers from around the country and provide the perfect complement to the existing 18-hole layout at Buffalo Ridge Springs, designed by Tom Fazio.
- Measuring 7,036 yards from the back tees, the course represents the terrain of the Ozarks with incredible vistas and beautiful views showcasing the beauty of the land, including strategic bunkering and slopes that enhance the player experience.
- A significant wooden beam and plank bridge was built to carry golfers walking or in a golf cart from the 13th tee to the 13th fairway. This bridge spans approximately 400-feet and, at its highest point, is 60-feet above the flowing creek below.
- An old house called “The Stone House” is located between the 5th and 16th greens. It sits in front of an irrigation lake stocked with bass and is reportedly 100 years-old. The home has been completely refurbished, including an indoor fireplace, outdoor patio and fire pit, and may be a lodging options for guests. Those staying in the house may also have exclusive access to fishing on the lake.
- Like nearly all of Coore & Crenshaw’s designs, Ozarks National will be walkable and capable of hosting tournaments on the PGA TOUR and PGA TOUR Champions alike.
Big Cedar Golf: Nature’s Finest
The opening of Ozarks National in 2018, further showcases Big Cedar Lodge’s commitment to becoming America’s next great golf destination. The resort is advancing Morris’ vision for a world-class outdoor resort that combines a shared appreciation for nature and a premier golf experience. The additions to Big Cedar Lodge will complement the three existing courses, Mountain Top designed by Gary Player, Buffalo Ridge Springs and Top of the Rock.
- The Mountain Top Course designed by Gary Player, a stunning 13-hole, par-3 short course, opened in summer 2017. Player teamed up with Johnny Morris to create the course, delivering an unparalleled experience for golfers that features dramatic rock formations and some of the most breathtaking views in the region. Mountain Top will join Top of the Rock and Buffalo Ridge Springs as courses played during the 2018 Bass Pro Shops Legends of Golf at Big Cedar Lodge.
- Payne’s Valley, a course by Tiger Woods’ TGR Design, is scheduled to open in 2019 and named in honor of the late Payne Stewart. This will be the first fully public-access course in the world completed by Woods and his design firm. A partnership between Morris, Woods and the Stewart family, Payne’s Valley will showcase the region’s natural beauty through a 19-hole championship course, as well as a family-friendly par-3 short course.
- Buffalo Ridge Springs is an 18-hole public course, ranked by GOLF Magazine as the “No. 1 Public Golf Course You Can Play in Missouri” in 2016 and 2017.
- A true celebration of nature and Ozarks heritage, the 9-hole par-3 course at Top of the Rock offers an unrivaled golf experience with unparalleled panoramic views that highlight the work of the legends of the game who collectively designed it, including a Jack Nicklaus-designed course and an Arnold Palmer-designed practice facility.